DENIM PREMIÈRE VISION concludes its milan edition: multiple creative and sustainable innovations bring together over 2,000 visitors
A landmark edition in many ways for the show, which celebrated 15 years of inspiration and support for the creative denim industry:
- The return in force of a diversified, qualified and international visitor base: the show welcomed 2,027 visitors from 50 countries, a +27% increase over the Berlin edition in June 2022 and a +65% increase vs. the first post- pandemic edition held in Milan in October 2021. Denim Première Vision demonstrated its dynamism and the industry’s proactive response to the shock waves generated by the global political and economic instability, and constraints (travel limitations, lack of medium-to-long-term visibility) tied to the Covid-19 health crisis.
- Among the most represented countries: Italy (62% of visitors), Turkey, France, United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, United States, Switzerland, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark. And a noteworthy return of Japanese and Chinese visitors.
- A selective offer of very high creative quality, on the cutting-edge of sustainable innovation: the latest developments and innovations from 67 leading companies from 14 countries - Italy, Spain, France, Turkey, Morocco, Japan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China and more. Exhibitors numbering among the most creative, but also the most innovative, in terms of ethical and sustainable production, spanning all activity sectors in the supply chain: Spinners, weavers, garment manufacturers/laundries/finishers, component and accessory makers, technology developers.
- The business, festive and almost familial atmosphere that marked the show’s two days in Milan: In a still-complex global economic and political context tied to the war in Ukraine and its consequences (uncertainty, inflation, rising energy and raw material costs), the buoyant mood in the aisles and stands and sustained pace of meetings between buyers and suppliers, all pleased to be meeting and working together again, were marked by unfailing energy and optimism.
THE SPRING-SUMMER 24 DENIM SEASON CONTINUES ONLINE
- For the industry, the show plays an inspiring, forward-looking and highly influential role, reflected in 3 new forums, a new fashion seminar - the Denim Trend Tasting - and a successful 2nd season of the Denim Fashion District:
- The 3 fashion areas: Through a selection of fabrics, accessories and finished products, immersive photos and videos, visitors could get a feel for the spring summer 24 season and discover exhibitors’ latest color and materials developments, as well as the sector’s main technical and sustainable innovations. For the 1st time, guided tours of the forums were offered to buyers.
- The Denim Trend Tasting : in their committed presentations, the Première Vision fashion team offered a daily decoding of the season’s directions and trends to inspire the market and guide the building of the coming spring-summer 24 denim collections.
- Denim Fashion District: for the 2nd consecutive season, some dozen ready-to- wear and accessories brands presented a preview of their collections created in partnership with the show’s exhibitors.
- The richness of the program and events to support industry developments:
- Some dozen talks featuring experts and exhibitors targeting the challenges facing the industry (eco-responsibility, digitization, production),
- Unique experiences and workshops proposed by industry experts to better understand the techniques behind working with denim.
The physical show may have closed its doors, but sourcing and inspiration for the Spring Summer 24 denim collections continues online on the Première Vision site.