‘All ICAC’ Edition of the review focusses on textiles & sustainability
The just-released edition of ‘Cotton: Review of the World Situation’ includes:
- An article from ICAC Economist Ms Lorena Ruiz on the global textiles and apparel trade,
- An article from ICAC Head of Textiles Mr Kanwar Usman on the Product Environmental Footprint,
- An article from ICAC Communications Director Mike McCue on the global textile supply chain, and
- The official Final Statement from the ICAC’s 80th Plenary Meeting.
In addition to authoring an article herself, ‘Global Textiles and Apparel Trade: A Post-Pandemic Review’, Ms Ruiz secured articles from:
- Mr Kanwar Usman, ICAC Head of Textiles, who wrote a deep-dive analysis of the Product Environmental Footprint (PEF), a life-cycle assessment (LCA) methodology developed by the European Commission's Joint Research Center (JRC), and
- ICAC Communications Director Mr Mike McCue, who provided an overview of the 2022 World Café, which convened 27 experts from around the world to discuss ‘The Evolving Global Textile Supply Chain’.
The final entry in the 13-page issue is the Final Statement of the ICAC’s 80th Plenary Meeting, which was held virtually from 29 November 2022 – 1 December 2022 with the theme, ‘Driving Sustainability through Innovation and Leadership’.
‘This issue of the Review reflects the recent and intensifying focus of the ICAC on textiles, as evidenced by the hiring of the first-ever Head of Textiles, Kanwar Usman’, Ms Ruiz said. ‘And while sustainability has always been a major area of emphasis for the ICAC, its importance to all stakeholders in the cotton industry is growing rapidly. Between the three staff-written articles and the Final Statement, readers will have a good sense of what the ICAC has been focussing on recently and that will only increase as we move forward’.
To read this free issue of the Review, please click: