Teijin marks a century of innovation at JEC World 2018
The comprehensive presence of the Teijin Group at JEC World 2018 is an evidence of its range of solutions with its high-performance materials and composite technologies for a diverse array of applications such as aerospace, automotive, marine, civil engineering, energy, oil and gas, sporting goods, heat and flame protection and ballistics.
- Tenax® Part via Preform (PvP) enables serial production of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) automotive parts. Tenax® carbon fiber is sprayed, consolidated and trimmed automatically into near net-shape preforms, helping to reduce carbon fiber waste and minimize intermediate processing. The injection uses a high-pressure resin transfer molding (HP-RTM) technology including an in-mold coating step providing easy surface painting. An automotive part produced in small series will be exhibited.
- Sereebo® is the world’s first mass-production technology for carbon fiber reinforced thermoplastic (CFRTP) and improves production efficiency by significantly reducing molding time to less than one minute. Useful solutions are possible for high-volume mass production of automotive parts such as front bulkhead, crash can, and more.
- TCA Ultra Lite® is a 1.2 specific gravity sheet molding compound. It offers a premium Class A finish with paint and gloss qualities comparable to metals, including aluminum. The material is able to withstand the E-coat process, and passes all OEM paint tests and is currently in production on 21 body panel assemblies of the 2017 Chevrolet C7 Corvette.
- Tenax® carbon fibers are high-tech carbon fiber products, which significantly enhance properties in thermoset and thermoplastic composites. Tenax® ThermoPlastics provide high mechanical performance, chemical resistance and recyclability. Combined with rapid production processes, they allow short processing time and low scrap rates. Tenax® Dry Reinforcements are specifically designed textiles for infusion technology such as woven and non-crmip fabrics that provide excellent potential for high production rates, integral structures, complex shapes and flexibility of parts design. They fulfill the highest standards in performance for the aerospace industry.
- Twaron® and Technora® para-aramid fibers offer attractive energy-saving and eco-minded solutions such as air freight containers made from Twaron® which are not only light weight but also flame- and heat resistant.
- Endumax® Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) provides superior strength, dimensional stability, light weight and durability as demanded in ballistic protection. Endumax® allows the production of extremely large plates suitable for armoring even large vehicles. High-tech laminated sails that integrate Endumax® which can easily meet higher expectations and requirements will be showcased.
JEC World 2018 is organized by the JEC Group, the world’s largest composites industry organization with a network of 550,000 composite industry professionals around the world.