Nonwovens / Technical Textiles
Hygienix™ to welcome 500+ registrants & 50 tabletop displays
Sustainability and Disruptive Trends in Absorbent Hygiene and Personal Care Highlight Hygienix™ Nov. 14-17 Conference in New Orleans
Featuring three days of premium content, scheduled networking, product innovations, and awards, Hygienix™ is devoted to the latest in sustainable inputs, natural fibers, product transparency, consumer research, menstrual care, and market trends in the absorbent hygiene and personal care industry. Twenty-two industry thought leaders will present their on-point insights in these hot topics:
- Robert Fry, Ph.D., Principal, Robert Fry Economics LLC, winner of the Most Accurate Macroeconomic Forecaster for the Year Ending June 2022 from the National Association for Business Economics, will present the North American Economic Outlook
- Greta Meyer, Co-Founder/CEO, Sequel, will discuss innovations in the tampon market
- Prasad Thitame, Ph.D., Manager – Global Sales & Marketing Nonwovens, Birla Cellulose/Multifibres and Yarns (USA) – will present updates on sustainable product designs
- A panel featuring disruptive entrepreneurs, from Grace, Kudos, and ParaPatch, Inc., will discuss challenges, biases, and taboos in bringing new innovations to market
- Matt Schiering, Professor of Marketing, Dominican University, will present insights and implications from a consumer survey spanning five generations’ use of hygiene products
- Len LaPorta, Managing Director, The DAK Group, will discuss mergers and acquisitions and the impact this activity has on the nonwovens industry
- Jennifer J. Austin, Ph.D., Market Segment Manager – Hygiene & Medical, ExxonMobil Chemical Company, will present ExxonMobil’s investments and innovations to create a more sustainable future and a better tomorrow
- Plus, the Hygienix Innovation Award™ Presentations
A full description of all 22 speakers can be viewed on
Three finalists for INDA’s prestigious 2022 Hygienix Innovation Award™ will present their game-changing innovations that use nonwovens and engineered materials in a creative, novel, and technically sophisticated approach on Tues. Nov. 15 for a conference participant vote. Finalists include:
- Egal Pads: Pads on a Roll™ –A wrapped super-thin absorbent period pad that dispenses like toilet paper in public bathroom stalls, preventing the personal embarrassment of not having a menstrual product when needed. This product promotes period product accessibility and destigmatizes menstrual health. It is targeted to schools and universities and the away-from-home market.
- Kimberly-Clark: Kotex® Pantyliner with pH Indicator – The new Kotex Pantyliner with pH indicator, shifts color at the moment it needs to be replaced. This technology works by changing the color from yellow to blue when activated by fluids such as urine, sweat, or others. By indicating the moment to change the product, helps to maintain the intimate area clean, fresh, and consequently healthy.
- Sposie Kids: Sposie® Dribbles® Potty Training Pads – An absorbent potty training pad that adheres to boy’s and girl’s underwear to protect against leaks and accidents during the transition from diapers to underwear, while still providing physical cues to the wearer to promote potty training. The pads absorb over half of an average 2-year-old’s bladder capacity and are 100 percent free from any fragrance, latex, and chlorine.
The Hygienix Innovation Award winner will be announced on Thurs., Nov. 17th.
Hygienix will also feature the presentation of the INDA Lifetime Service Award on Nov. 15th to recognize an individual possessing a long-established record of service to INDA and the nonwovens industry as a whole.
Hygienix will open on Nov. 14th with two optional workshops. Absorption Systems for Absorbent Hygiene Products will be led by Jim Robinson, Principal, Absorbent Hygiene Insights, LLC and Know the Global Trends in Diapers, Baby Pants & Adult Underwear will be led by Carlos Richer, CEO/Director, Natalia Richer, COO, and Irene Richer, Market Analyst & Partner with Diaper Testing International.
This year’s event includes 13+ hours of networking, tabletop displays, receptions, coffee breaks, and a welcome reception at the Court of Two Sisters. For registration and additional information, visit: www.hygienix.org