JEC WORLD 2022
Teijin’s composite highlights at JEC World 2022
The annual exhibition will take place from May 3 to 5 in Paris as well as online via the JEC World Connect digital platform.
Concentrating on aerospace and automotive applications, stated as the group’s Strategic Focus in its Medium-term Management Plan for 2020–2022, the following exhibits can be experienced at the Teijin booth (hall 6, booth G28):
- Trailing edge panel for aircraft produced by Spirit Aerosystems using TenaxTM rapid curing aerospace prepreg and press molded in only a 20 minutes curing cycle.
- Aircraft wing rear spar produced by Airbus Spain-FIDAMC using TenaxTM Dry Reinforcement Non-Crimp Fabrics in resin transfer molding, ensuring repeatable quality and compatibility with high production rates.
- Voith Carbon4Tank containing TenaxTM ThermoSet Towpreg. Teijin Carbon Europe manufactures epoxy resin based Towpregs for automotive and industrial applications based on its TenaxTM ITS50 24K fiber.
- Armored aircaft seat containing TwaronTM Aramid Fiber for ballistic armor, able to protect up to 95% of the occupant with full body armor.
- Twaron® based air freight containers that are durable, strong, lightweight and fire resistant while offering fuel savings and increased safety.
- Lightweight Multi-Material Door, a finalist for the JEC Innovation Award in the Automotive and Road Transportation Category, features a specially modified, low VOC TCA Ultra Lite® outer panel, a hybrid glass and carbon fiber SMC inner panel, and an innovative steel internal reinforcement ring. It is 2.7 kg lighter than a traditional door made from steel.
- Multi-material EV Battery Enclosure, which features a one-piece composite cover and one-piece composite tray with aluminum and steel reinforcements. By molding the cover and the tray each as one piece, Teijin Automotive Technologies has created a system which is easier to seal and can be certified prior to shipment.
Also, JEC World Mobility Innovation Planet will highlight Envision Racing`s Formula E car, representing the collaboration between the team and the Teijin Group. Through this relationship, Teijin enhances the development of sustainable technologies while continuing to build global consciousness on climate change.
Furthermore, Teijin representatives will make presentations regarding composites that contribute to sustainable society.
JEC World is the leading international composites show organized by the JEC Group, the world’s largest composites industry organization.