Registration now open for ICAC’s 77th Plenary Meeting in Côte d’Ivoire
The ICAC’s 77th Plenary Meeting:
- Will be held in Abidjan, capital of Côte d'Ivoire, 2-6 December, 2018, at the Sofitel Abidjan Hotel Ivoire
- Has ‘Cotton Challenges: Smart and Sustainable Solutions’ as its theme
- s expected to draw more than 500 senior government officials, researchers and private-sector professionals from the world’s top cotton-producing and cotton-consuming countries
- Is intended to help governments formulate policy that benefits the hundreds of millions of people around the world who depend on cotton for their livelihood
- Attendees can register at https://www.eiseverywhere.com/icac.org
Registration Now Open for ICAC’s 77th Plenary Meeting in Cote D’Ivoire
The International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC) has opened registration for its 77th Plenary Meeting, scheduled for 2-6 December, 2018, in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire. The conference will be held at the Sofitel Abidjan Hotel Ivoire under the theme, ‘Cotton Challenges: Smart and Sustainable Solutions’.
As the only intergovernmental body for the cotton industry, the Plenary Meeting is expected to draw more than 500 senior government officials, researchers and private-sector professionals from all sectors of the global cotton and textile value chains.
Expert speakers will share their insights on the industry’s greatest challenges and opportunities, including:
- The use of drones and robotics;
- Pesticide resistance;
- The impact of climate change;
- New developments in biotechnology; and
- Refuting the cotton myths and misinformation perpetrated in the media.
‘Plenary Meetings are unique because they are specifically designed to help governments gain a better understanding of — and to debate — the most pressing issues facing the cotton industry’, said ICAC Executive Director Kai Hughes. ‘They use that information to develop global initiatives, harmonise procedures and agree on global strategies. The cotton value chain provides an income for millions of families across the globe, and no one is in a better position to improve those people’s lives than their governments’.
The 77th Plenary Meeting will also mark the debut of ICAC’s new app for attendees, which can be downloaded to an iPhone or Android smartphone, or accessed via the Internet. Users will be able to create their own customised programme, view information about sessions and speakers, instantly exchange contact information with other attendees, and more — all at the tap of a button.
To register for ICAC’s 77th Plenary Meeting and download the attendee app, please visit: